Thursday, November 8, 2012

Confusion for Homework


Here’s another post for my English class guys. I had to read The Veldt by Ray Bradbury and all I have to say is what? I read this excerpt for class and thought I would understand what it had to do with but as I began to read it, I began to get lost in the reading. At first I believed it was going to be an excerpt about a happy married couple named George and Lydia Hadley who are discussing their children’s nursery. I was under the impression that their two children were around the age of one to two. As you read on you find out that the nursery is no ordinary nursery nut instead a high tech thought projector of some sorts. From what I gathered, this room is made of crystalline structures that illustrate whatever the subject is imagining. The two parents enter the “imaginarium” as I call it and get to see what it is that their children are thinking about. As they enter the room they see that their children spend a lot of their time imagining and playing in Africa. They not only see the scenery but also get to see the violence and hostility that their children imagine. They not only see the pride of lions eating their prey of the day. Seeing this, the two parents become alarmed and worried, call upon their trusted psychologist to analyze the situation. After analyzing the room he suggested that the children be given a break from the room. In the end it turns out that the children made the room come to life, and eat their parents. I got so lost in the reading of this story that I really stopped paying attention. Well I hope you enjoyed this blog guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment